Saturday, January 2, 2010

ALO - The True Beginning

Hello there, welcome to my virtual doorstep. I’m glad you stopped by. What? Aren’t I going to invite you in? Quite possibly, yes, but not just yet. You see, first I’m going to give you a one-time (well, not really, if you think about it) chance to run away before any screaming gets involved. Lucky you, huh? Now, you may ask, why would I need this chance? I’ve seen the stuff out there in those wildernesses of the Internets. What is so shocking about you that it could possibly cause me to run away, screaming or otherwise? Well, that is a fairly simple question, though the answer may be a little convoluted. For those of you who don’t like to read long blocks of text, I’ll shorten it as much as possible; my main hobby is hobbies. Not even joking. I love hobbies, I collect them almost like people collect baseball cards, or comics, or stamps, etc.


Confused? Let me explain. First and foremost, I may possibly be insane. Not positive, but apparently, quite a large percentage of the world population is as well, so no surprises there. But I should explain the mechanics of my insanity. As I said earlier, I pretty much collect hobbies. What happens is just this: I hear about a hobby, be it an art, a physical activity, a game, whatever you can think of, really, and then I immediately set out on attempting to master it. With most of these hobbies, however, I stick with it about long enough to the point where I am almost quite good at it, then immediately, whether purposefully or otherwise, move on to the next available hobby.
Now, I’ve been doing this…hobby hopping for quite some time now. As in, I can, on the spot, date it back to at least the 6th grade. Recently, however, I have had a growing interest in writing (one that has only grown with time, unlike most of the hobbies I’ve been talking about), as well as a sudden realization of what a wonderful place the Internet is. As such, I am creating this blog, At Least Once, to chronicle my frantic hopping of the hobbies. Hopefully it will prove a source of entertainment to you lovely people out there on them Interwebs.
So, once I hit the send on this article, we will start down this winding path of hobbies that have been strewn haphazardly in my wake. Maybe it will prompt some of you to take up some of these activities (please, send video if you do!), maybe it’ll help me find some sort of pattern in this craziness, or maybe it’ll just turn into a great stress reliever for me. No matter what, I promise to update as often as humanly possible, even if it’s just to say “Hey, guess what? I’m still alive!”
And with that, I finish off this blog entry, and start writing out a more in-depth description of what we at ALO are all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment