Wednesday, January 13, 2010

ALO - Music Mayhem

Hey there, I know this is coming a bit later than promised. It's not because of anything you all did or anything Google did, I've just had a lot going on lately. Sorry about that. Anyway, as you may or may not be able to tell, we're starting a new hobby today. I don't know why I keep using words that start with the same letter, it just seems like something I should do.

Anyway, yes, friends, it is time to start my music phase. As I said in my last post on free running, I discovered an audio sequencing program under the title of Fruity Loops Studio, or FL Studio. Almost immediately after hearing about it, I had downloaded the trial version and was trying out various things. I only ever made one decent tune, and I've lost it, but Ledgendt took this hobby and ran with it. As such, if I can actually get him to write some stuff, the majority of this phase will be written by the man, the legend, Ledgendt.

He'll (ideally) cover the modest beginnings, maybe post some of his earlier works if he still has them. Eventually, he'll get to his current state in music production, which is also where I'll come back in. I gave up on writing music pretty quickly, as I had (and have) no prior musical experience and/or talent. As we were to find out later, however, I do seem to naturally grasp the concepts of post-production. Stuff like equalizing, humanization, things like that.

So, yeah, it was a bit short, but I'm pretty sure that Ledgendt is going to take you all on a wild ride with this music phase, assuming I can get him to write anything. So, I guess I'll see you all on the other side. Also, now would be a good time to start sending in ideas for hobbies, since I have decided against sharing some of my other hobbies that I tried for reasons both personal and professional. So after this, I think there may be one more hobby that I'll cover, or maybe none. So after that, I think, until I get a good suggestion, I may just rant, rave, or review things. Not sure. I didn't think this point would come up so quick. Talk to you all later!

Reference Materials
FL Studio Homepage
Here you can actually get your hands on the demo of FL Studio 9 (or 10 or beyond, depending on when you read this). Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment