Saturday, January 2, 2010

ALO - Getting Started with At Least Once

Welcome back, and for our guests, welcome! In this post, I’m going to go a little more in-depth into what the At Least Once blog is going to be about; sort of a guide to the blog. This guide will probably be linked in every post following this that has something that first-time readers probably won’t understand. Or something of the like. I’m not exactly positive about it right now, but I do feel as if this is something that definitely needs to be written out, since even I don’t always understand my own train of thought.

So, first things first, I have a pretty lengthy backlist of hobbies that I’ve done in the past that I’ll need to get through. Most of the major ones have been recent enough that I remember pretty much all of the thrilling details involved, so you won’t be missing any of it. If I feel like it/get a hold of a video camera of decent quality, I may recreate some of the more amazing feats and film it for you. Maybe, once, again, I’m not positive.
Now, as many of you may have realized, with a backlog, that implies that it will sooner or later end. That’s where readers come in. As I near the end of my backlog, I’ll be taking suggestions as to things that I haven’t tried yet. These suggestions will have to follow a set of rules, but those will be published online when we get nearer to that point in time. But don’t worry; I’ll be speeding there, because that’s where this blog will be getting exciting. Because that’s where there will be plenty of pictures, video, and other various media for the reader to enjoy.
That’s the bit I’m waiting for, I’m just going through the backlog as a way of 1) Making sure there aren’t any suggestions that I’ve already tried, and 2) Giving you, the reader, more of an idea of how things get done, about how long one hobby will take (though that really does vary greatly depending on the hobby, and other such information.
As far as the hobbies themselves go, most take about a month or two before I lose interest, or find another hobby that I think I would enjoy. No matter how long it takes for a hobby, though you will get plenty of articles on each, with enough information to make your friends think you actually went and did it yourself. As for the content of the posts, they will most likely be a mixture of any major successes or failures I’ve had since the last post, links to sites for people that are interested in this hobby, guides to how I did some of the stuff, background information on the hobby, and so forth. Pretty much, these articles are coming off the top of my head, though, so they’re bound to be a bit random.
Now, you may notice that these last two articles have ALO prefacing the actual title of the article. This is the bit where I explain why. Some articles in this blog are going to be less involved with hobbies, and more involved with stuff that maybe happened to me personally during the week, some cool media event that I want to plug, a cool song or video I found, random bits of information, or pretty much anything else I can think of that’d be interesting to write about. There may even be a short story or two in there somewhere. Anyway, any post that has nothing to do with the At Least Once concept will have some other sort of tag before it, like SNG for song or VID for video. I’ll try to stick to three characters or less, and every time I use a new tag for the first time I’ll explain it in the first line of the article.
Well, that’s about all I can think of. I’ll probably add new information to this post as I think of it, so check back often, though I’ll probably let you people know in an article if I end up changing anything. Wow, two posts in one day, less that an hour away from each other, I think. And I have another two planned for you. Although, to be honest, the last one is probably going to be about a paragraph or two. See you people in a little bit, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment